Rod

Default using a double dash

When I try to double dash for a single dash ("example--again") and finish the
second word, the two words scrunch together and the dash runs over the "e"
and "a". This is new, apparently I messed up a setting, but can't find it.

Jay Freedman

Rod wrote:
When I try to double dash for a single dash ("example--again") and
finish the second word, the two words scrunch together and the dash
runs over the "e" and "a". This is new, apparently I messed up a
setting, but can't find it.

The setting is in Tools AutoCorrect Options AutoFormat As You Type,
"Hyphens with dash". If you don't want it, uncheck it.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm for more.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman