Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Scott Schaffer

Default Word Documents and Manual Paper Feed

Word 2000 and 2003, several different printers - same problem.

We frequently get word documents via email from other offices. Occaisionally, some of them want to print using manual feed on the printer rather than just printing.

Is this happening because that is the way the document was originally set up (as manual feed) and saved that way?

Scott Schaffer

Scott Schaffer
ITSA
Olive Waller Zinkhan & Waller
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown

Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:49:16 -0600 from Scott Schaffer
:
Word 2000 and 2003, several different printers - same problem.

We frequently get word documents via email from other offices.
Occaisionally, some of them want to print using manual feed on the
printer rather than just printing.

Is this happening because that is the way the document was
originally set up (as manual feed) and saved that way?

Yes. You can open the document, change File Page Setup, and save
it.

(I had a _template_ set up that way or some reason, so every document
I created with that template was prompting for manual feed. I had
already created several of them before I tried to print any, and it
took me a while to realize what was going on.)

P.S. Please fix the line length in your newsreader software. 65-72
characters is a customary maximum. (I had to reformat your lines
above so that I could read them.)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

P.S. Please fix the line length in your newsreader software. 65-72
characters is a customary maximum. (I had to reformat your lines
above so that I could read them.)

I have no problem in OE.

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Scott Schaffer

I use Groupwise 6.0 as my email and newsgroup reader and have not had
any problems reading any newsgroups. I have changed the maximum in my
settings to 72. Do you notice a difference now?

Scott Schaffer
ITSA
Olive Waller Zinkhan & Waller

Suzanne S. 02/21/06 08:25pm

P.S. Please fix the line length in your newsreader software. 65-72
characters is a customary maximum. (I had to reformat your lines
above so that I could read them.)

I have no problem in OE.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
t...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown

Tue, 21 Feb 2006 20:25:25 -0600 from Suzanne S. Barnhill
:
P.S. Please fix the line length in your newsreader software. 65-72
characters is a customary maximum. (I had to reformat your lines
above so that I could read them.)

I have no problem in OE.

That's because, IIRC, it silently reformats the lines.

I could go off on a rant about OE and its deleterious effect on
Usenet, but it would be off topic so I won't. :-)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown

Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:52:06 -0600 from Scott Schaffer
:
I use Groupwise 6.0 as my email and newsgroup reader and have not had
any problems reading any newsgroups. I have changed the maximum in my
settings to 72. Do you notice a difference now?

Yes, that looks much better. What you posted is the above three
lines; quite readable now.

Thanks again.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/