Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Young

Default Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error!

Everytime I shut down word XP, I get the following message.
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error
Program: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Winword.exe

This Application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

I have searched through the posts and I have read and followed the article
about Runtime errors. I have no Com addins. I have only one macro and it is
from Avery. I had it before the problem and I feel fairly sure it is not the
culprit. I have changed my Macro security to Medium and readded the the
macros. No extras. I even downloaded process explorer, bit I am not sure
what to do with it. However, nothing it reports seem out of the ordinary.

Anyone have any idea what is going on. Usually after the Runtime Error,
when I open Word again, it reports that something has been done to
normal.dot, so I followed Article 291352 to fix the prompt for changes to
global template. Also, the recovery window is there with the last file I was
working on.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Hi Steve:

You've got a virus, almost certainly :-)

Run a deep virus scan.

It may be an error in the Avery macro, but it's more likely to be a virus.

Cheers

On 30/3/06 7:31 AM, in article
, "Steve Young"
wrote:

[...]

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Young

I wish it were that simple. I have used McAfee Enterprise, Trend Micro
HouseCall, and Kasperky and all come back clean. Not a virus. I also
disabled Avery and still get the same problem.

I just want to scream.

wrote:

[...]

what does runtime error mean? tab Microsoft Word Help 3 February 5th 06 06:24 AM
Word 2003 - when closing receive 'Runtime Error 91' error messages RLC Web Microsoft Word Help 1 January 11th 06 06:16 AM
Need fix for Word 2003 "Runtime Error 91" when closing program? Thom Microsoft Word Help 3 October 15th 05 03:36 PM
Runtime Error K_K Microsoft Word Help 2 April 20th 05 09:21 PM
when i use microsoft word it tells me i have a error but i cant . rosabyrd10 Page Layout 1 February 2nd 05 08:10 PM