Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lica Lica is offline

Default Percentage format in merge from excel

I have a mail merge with word & excel. In the excell I have numbers with the
percentage format, that it is not poplating into word.
I traied to use the coding # "##%" , but it is not working. Also I cannot
remove the percentage format from the excel.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Lica,

If Word is showing something like '12.34' without the percentage sign and
you need it to show '12%', try adding the '\# 0%'picture switch to your
mergefield. For example {MERGEFIELD ExcelData \# 0%}

Alternatively, if Word is showing something like '0.1234' with or without
the percentage sign and you need it to show '12%', try selecting your
mergefield, pressing Ctrl-F9 to embed it in another field and code the lot
as: '{={MERGEFIELD ExcelData}*100 \# 0%}', or '{={MERGEFIELD ExcelData}*100
\# 0.00%}' for '12.34%'.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Lica" wrote in message
I have a mail merge with word & excel. In the excell I have numbers with

the
percentage format, that it is not poplating into word.
I traied to use the coding # "##%" , but it is not working. Also I cannot
remove the percentage format from the excel.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lica Lica is offline

Hi,

thanks, but it didn't work.

The second options id what I need, word is showing 0.123 without the %. I
tried the solution several times, but the result it '!Syntax Error, {'.

There is another possibility?

Thanks!

"Lica" wrote in message
I have a mail merge with word & excel. In the excell I have numbers with

the
percentage format, that it is not poplating into word.
I traied to use the coding # "##%" , but it is not working. Also I cannot
remove the percentage format from the excel.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lica Lica is offline

Hi Graham,

Yes, I used! I already knew abut the CTRL+F9, it is the only way to get in.

It is till not working.

"Lica" wrote in message
I have a mail merge with word & excel. In the excell I have numbers
with the percentage format, that it is not poplating into word.
I traied to use the coding # "##%" , but it is not working. Also I
cannot remove the percentage format from the excel.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Lica,

Are you sure you used '\' and not '/' to denote the picture switch?

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Lica" wrote in message
I have a mail merge with word & excel. In the excell I have numbers
with the percentage format, that it is not poplating into word.
I traied to use the coding # "##%" , but it is not working. Also I
cannot remove the percentage format from the excel.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The syntax error shows a left curly bracket as the problem. This implies
that you manually typed that bracket rather than use CTRL+F9

"Lica" wrote in message
I have a mail merge with word & excel. In the excell I have
numbers with the percentage format, that it is not poplating into
word.
I traied to use the coding # "##%" , but it is not working. Also I
cannot remove the percentage format from the excel.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lica Lica is offline

Hi all,

Thanks for the help! It is working now.

I entered with the CRTL+F9 and typed in, now I tried to start from scratch
and it worked.

Thanks a lot for your help.