Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pariate pariate is offline

Default page resizes itself, extending a margin extends the page!

I'm completely stumped! I copy pasted some text from a web page into Word.
The page setup is set to A4 paper size. The margins are all set to standard.

BUT for some reason the page has "resized" itself and added an extra inch or
so to the right hand side of the page. The margins are set to 1.25" on
either side, but with the extra "paper" that has been added, there is now
roughly 2.5" inches of blank paper on the right hand side.

So, the page size is set at A4 (8.27") and the margins are set up at 1.25"
either side, and the text itself occupies the right amount of space (about
6") but the page on my screen is about 9.5" wide and the margin on the right
is 2.5".

When I print the document, it appears to be scaling itself down, so that
even though it's printing onto A4, the right hand margin is still twice as
large as it should be and the text is resized a little to fit.

Why why why?! Please someone help me out. I've tried going through all the
page setup settings and checking the paragraph format etc. I've tried
re-pasting the text into a brand new document, but when I do that the
beautiful new A4 page just resizes itself again!

I'm just trying to get some study done - I wanted to copy this text so that
I can print a draft quality copy and study, make notes on the train.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The document contains (or Word thinks it contains) comments or tracked
changes. The extra margin is provided for the balloons. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html