Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
novice novice is offline

Default Error! Reference source not found

I insert an ASK field, give the bookmark a name. As this will only work
once, I add a REF field referring to the bookmark but this does not work as
the bookmark seems to vanish. What am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What field codes are you using? Something like this should work:

{ ASK MyBookmark }

{ REF MyBookmark }

When the ASK field is updated, you are prompted to type text. When the
REF field is updated, it displays the typed text.

To update the fields in the selection, you can press F9.

For more, see the "User Prompts" section in the article at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"novice" wrote in message
I insert an ASK field, give the bookmark a name. As this will only
work
once, I add a REF field referring to the bookmark but this does not
work as the bookmark seems to vanish. What am I doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
novice novice is offline

Thank you ! It works when writing the field code via F9. However, it does
not work when inserting a field code from the menu as the bookmark does not
appear to save. Whatever, my problem is solved.
{ ASK MyName "Write your name here" }