Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kramer31 kramer31 is offline

Default Managing References in MS Word

Hi. I have a quite long and complicated Word document with many
sections and subsections. Various sections refer to other sections:

For example in section 5: "(if you would like to see the reports see,
section T2 for instructions)"

The problem is that I would like to add another section T1, which
would then make all the other sections increase in number so that T2
would become T3 and my reference would be wrong.

Is there a way to put a reference in to refer to a specific section
(rather than just the plain text T2 that I added), so that when the
sections are renumbered, the reference automatically updates?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kramer31 kramer31 is offline

P.S. I'm using MS Word 2003 SP2

managing word tables samncos Tables 3 July 5th 06 04:05 PM
Managing Long Documents Rhino Formatting Long Documents 15 February 9th 06 09:20 AM
Managing Large Merge Fields B. Craig Mailmerge 1 January 11th 06 09:02 PM
Managing linked-in graphics LisaH Formatting Long Documents 1 December 9th 05 01:25 PM
Managing CC address fields Anthony Hall Mailmerge 2 January 9th 05 06:07 AM