Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mfaisald mfaisald is offline

Default Outlook opening Word Attachment in Document Map layout

Hi,
I am using Outlook 2003 and Word 2003 on XP SP2.
Whenever I open a word attachment in outlook, it opens it up in
Document Map layout. I want it to be opened in Normal view layout.
If I open a blank word document, it does open up in Normal layout but
that thing doesn't happen if opening from outlook as attachment.
I sent a test email to myself with word attachment and when opened it
up from outlook, it came up as Document Map layout.

Any suggestions how to turn this thing off or how to open attachments
in Normal view automatically.

Cordially,
Faisal.