Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
noidealee noidealee is offline

Default how do I show multiple word document tabs at bottom of screen

When I have multiple word documents open, they are not showing the different
tabs at the bottom of the page but appear to be opening up on top of each
other, but I can only get to them if I close each document down till I get to
the one I want. Can anyone help please as its driving me mad?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi TedMi is offline

If you don't see a link to each document in the taskbar, then you can get a
list of open documents by clicking Windows on the main menu (Word 2003 &
earlier) or View Switch Windows in Word 2007. I have added the switch
windows button to teh Quick Access toolbar in 2007.
--
TedMi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You don't say which version of Word you're using... and the instructions
vary.

In Word 2003, choose Tools - Options - View, and enable Windows in Taskbar.

In Word 2007, click Office button - Word Options - Advanced tab - Display
section, enable "Show all windows in the Taskbar".

Even without these settings, you can still get to each of the documents
opened. In Word 2003, click Window in the menu, and each of the open
documents is listed.

In Word 2007, click the View ribbon tab, then click Switch Windows to see a
list of all documents currently open in this Word session.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"noidealee" wrote in message
When I have multiple word documents open, they are not showing the
different
tabs at the bottom of the page but appear to be opening up on top of each
other, but I can only get to them if I close each document down till I get
the one I want. Can anyone help please as its driving me mad?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Brian is offline

On the tab at the bottom, does it show the word Icon with a number? If so
click on the tab and select the document you require from the list. in the
task bar and start menu properties, you have the Group similar task
barbuttons checked.

If you uncheck the box, you could end up with more than on page of buttons.
--
Brian McCaffery