Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TJ Burke TJ Burke is offline

Default Unable to Open Data Source

I ssend an email merge document successfully using an excel data source, but
when I try to send the same doc to a different excel list, I get an "unable
to open data source" error message.
I have search many "tips" but only get fixes/workarounds for Access & Word
2002
Please help!!!! Trying to send very important email to new list
Many Thanks,
Teej
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

As a workaround (and since it looks like you are in a hurry) I would export
the data you want to use from Excel, and/or copy/paste it into a Word table,
and use that as the data source.

Even if that doesn't work, it may help us to identify what is going wrong.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"TJ Burke" wrote in message
I ssend an email merge document successfully using an excel data source,
but
when I try to send the same doc to a different excel list, I get an
"unable
to open data source" error message.
I have search many "tips" but only get fixes/workarounds for Access & Word
2002
Please help!!!! Trying to send very important email to new list
Many Thanks,
Teej

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TJ Burke TJ Burke is offline

Sorry for delayed response.....Had to send individually to get them out
Tried pasting into word table, but got an error message...."Word unable to
open because it didn't contain a valid database."
Teej

"TJ Burke" wrote in message
I ssend an email merge document successfully using an excel data source,
but
when I try to send the same doc to a different excel list, I get an
"unable
to open data source" error message.
I have search many "tips" but only get fixes/workarounds for Access & Word
2002
Please help!!!! Trying to send very important email to new list
Many Thanks,
Teej

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

...."Word unable to
open because it didn't contain a valid database."

When you pasted, did you end up with a table in Word or a delimited layout?

Sorry, I also forgot to say that you probably need to insert a row/line at
the top containing the column names.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk