Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DebiMTathome DebiMTathome is offline

Default auto correct with capitalization at beginning of sentence

I use Word for medical transcription at home. My old computer just crashed
and I am using the trial version of Word for Teachers & Students that came
with my new computer before I choose which version to buy. My old computer
used Word 2000 SR1 and if I used the abbreviation tp, which expands out to
"the patient" and used a capital Tp, such as at the beginning of the
sentence, my auto-correct would assume the upper case, "The patient." It
doesn't do that with the Word software on my new computer and I was wondering
if there was a way to make that work. I seem to remember on one version of
Word that I had used, there were options when you added a word to skip the
word, auto correct using case of checked word, etc., but that doesn't pull up
on this version of Word. Any advice??? Thank you! Debi
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

ToolsAutoCorrectAutoformat as you type and turn on "Automatically
capitalise the first letter of sentences."

That should fix it.

Cheers

On 12/2/07 11:45 AM, in article
, "DebiMTathome"
wrote:

I use Word for medical transcription at home. My old computer just crashed
and I am using the trial version of Word for Teachers & Students that came
with my new computer before I choose which version to buy. My old computer
used Word 2000 SR1 and if I used the abbreviation tp, which expands out to
"the patient" and used a capital Tp, such as at the beginning of the
sentence, my auto-correct would assume the upper case, "The patient." It
doesn't do that with the Word software on my new computer and I was wondering
if there was a way to make that work. I seem to remember on one version of
Word that I had used, there were options when you added a word to skip the
word, auto correct using case of checked word, etc., but that doesn't pull up
on this version of Word. Any advice??? Thank you! Debi

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410