Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stupot stupot is offline

Default Windows Errors

I'm using Word 2007 on windows vista home premium sp1.
I can open up word OK and subject to me not modifying any files it is fine,
but when i create or edit an existing document, save it, and exit i get an
error message saying that word has stopped working; it then says that word is
restarting. Sometimes it also says;
"Word cannot open the file
~WRS{E3AAD86C-7694-4A62-97DA-679A0B319B9B}. If the file is stored on your
computer, there may be a problem with your hardware. If the file is stored
on the network, there maybe a problem with the network connection. If you
can copy the file, try saving the file in another location and opening it
there."

I have read some posts that have had similar problems and the replies have
been to alter the registry, i'm not an advanced windows user and therefore a
simple explanation of this problem nd the solution would be gratefully
appreciated!
Thanks in advance
Stuart