Brian

Default How to make a Calculation field to show blank

I have created a Order form in Microsoft Word 2003. I have a table that
consists of 6 columns and 11 rows.The columns headings a
Item No, Description, part No, Unit price, qty, Total.

The 10 other rows are where order items can be entered.
In each of the "total" Columns there is a simple calculation that multiplies
the "Unit price" by the "qty".
Is there a way of setting the caluculation or formula field to be blank
rather than showing a zero?

The reason for this is that if we one of our orders only consists of one
item then the other 9 rows display "£0.00" in the "total" column.

What i really want is to be able to do this with a repeating table of some
sort. Where their is just two rows to start with, the heading row and one row
to enter the first order item(with calculations). Then if the user needs to
enter another item the user can press a button or tab to create another row
that has the same calculation that was in the previous row.

If somebody could help me i would be very happy.
Brian
Doug Robbins

To get a blank in place of a zero, use the following formatting switch

\# "£#,##0.00;(£#,##0.00);"

Note the final semi-colon.

Getting a repeating field calculation takes a bit of work - either a macro
or sometime poster here Macropod has an extensive treatise on the use of
fields at :

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...&Number=249902

(all one line) where you can download a Word document with
fields for doing this and lots of other things with fields

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Brian" wrote in message
[...]

Brian

I have entered the number format \ # "£#,##0.00;(£#,##0.00);" in the "Text
Field form Options" properties dialogue box in the "Number Format" section.
When i exit the form options the text field displys :
\0 "£,0.00;(£,0.0

What have i done wrong?

Add when i enter numbers in the relevent fields the calculation text field
displays:

"Brian" wrote in message
[...]

Graham Mayor

This is not a switch for a calculation form field but for for a formula
field. Use an = field to perform the calculation e.g.

{ ={ REF Text1 } + { REF Text2 } \# "£,#.00 ; ( £,#.00) ;" }

will add the content of the first form field and the second. Check the
calculate on exit check boxes of the fields that make up the calculation.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

To get a blank in place of a zero, use the following formatting
switch

\# "£#,##0.00;(£#,##0.00);"

Note the final semi-colon.

Getting a repeating field calculation takes a bit of work - either a
macro or sometime poster here Macropod has an extensive treatise on
the use of fields at :

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...&Number=249902

(all one line) where you can download a Word document with
fields for doing this and lots of other things with fields

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on
a paid consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Brian" wrote in message
[...]

Barbara Nie

I found the macropod link very helpful, but was unable to find anything that
can calculate the number of months between two dates ...
example: [stop_date]-[start_date]=duration in months

Any help would be appreciated!