Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
JFK JFK is offline

Default Corrupted Styles in Tables

We work with very large documents which are compiled by many authors. We
utilize Word 2003 and OS XP. Here is the problem:

It is almost always with the tables that get currupted (i.e., our styles do
not behave right in the table) when one or more of the following has occurred:

Authors have used track changes
Authors have Word 2007
Authors have copied things from multiple documents

Even when we paste the document into a fresh template, it occurs and we
spend lots of time reformatting tables (i.e., we strip out styles, clear
everything in a different document, then bring the tables in again) We also
see styles getting corrupted (i.e., especially the style Caption, table text,
etc.) by Word automatically defaulting to auto-numbering or auto bullets.

What is happening and how can we fix it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Peter A Peter A is offline

In article ,
says...
We work with very large documents which are compiled by many authors. We
utilize Word 2003 and OS XP. Here is the problem:

It is almost always with the tables that get currupted (i.e., our styles do
not behave right in the table) when one or more of the following has occurred:

Authors have used track changes
Authors have Word 2007
Authors have copied things from multiple documents

Even when we paste the document into a fresh template, it occurs and we
spend lots of time reformatting tables (i.e., we strip out styles, clear
everything in a different document, then bring the tables in again) We also
see styles getting corrupted (i.e., especially the style Caption, table text,
etc.) by Word automatically defaulting to auto-numbering or auto bullets.

What is happening and how can we fix it?

You probably can't fix it. This is just the way Word is. The more
different users edit a doc, the more chances of problems. If they use
different versions of Word and/or different operating systems, it gets
worse. Track changes on large documents is another cause of problems.
These things can be minimized by creating your templates and styles
correctly and by setting certain Word options properly, but it sounds
like it's too late for these things.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers

Corrupted Styles in tables, Captions, Table Text JFK Microsoft Word Help 1 June 2nd 08 12:42 PM
Any co-relation between size of doc and styles getting corrupted google Microsoft Word Help 1 October 19th 06 10:26 AM
Corrupted Tables Karen Tables 0 June 7th 06 05:53 PM
corrupted tables red6000 Tables 2 April 9th 06 05:54 PM
Copied/imported styles get "corrupted" Paul_at_Work Microsoft Word Help 10 December 3rd 04 03:15 PM