Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tomox tomox is offline

Default having trouble using Microsoft office word 2000

I am using Microsoft Office word 2000. This is first time using this program
on this computer.I added the paint button on tool bar,but theres no color in
it....and I dont know where I can get color from....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Do you have a color printer installed?

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"tomox" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft Office word 2000. This is first time using this
program
on this computer.I added the paint button on tool bar,but theres no color
in
it....and I dont know where I can get color from....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tomox tomox is offline

Thank you for the reply.

I didnt mean printing out papers that I typed on Microsoft Office Word2000..
Im sorry for less details on what I posted..

I just got new computer and my first time using Word on this computer.
There were some part that I wanted to paint over some area,but I clicked the
paint button and there were no color...

I went to option and tried to figure out but nothing really helped...and am
screwed...

"tomox" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft Office word 2000. This is first time using this
program
on this computer.I added the paint button on tool bar,but theres no color
in
it....and I dont know where I can get color from....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kate G. Kate G. is offline

If you are talking about the "paint bucket" -- it is used to fill in a
geometric shape. The shape must be closed and selected before any options
are available on the paint-bucket (fill color) button.

If this isn't what you are trying to do -- please provide a more detailed
description of what you are attempting to do - and what the problem is.

Kathryn G.

"tomox" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft Office word 2000. This is first time using this
program
on this computer.I added the paint button on tool bar,but theres no
color
in
it....and I dont know where I can get color from....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tomox tomox is offline

Thank you Kate G.
Thats almost what I was looking for.
The problem is that even I select...theres still no color.
I dont know why but theres no color in the color bucket....
Fortunately I have color in the color bucket with font and highliter.

"tomox" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft Office word 2000. This is first time using this
program
on this computer.I added the paint button on tool bar,but theres no
color
in
it....and I dont know where I can get color from....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Back to the original question: do you have a colour printer installed and
set as the Windows Default printer? We don't care if you don't want to print
it but you need a colour printer driver installed.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"tomox" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft Office word 2000. This is first time using this
program
on this computer.I added the paint button on tool bar,but theres no
color
in
it....and I dont know where I can get color from....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Word is intelligent enough to know that if you don't have a color printer
installed, then you can't print in color. If you can't print in color, why
bother with changing the color? (Please remember that I was NOT involved in
developing the program - I'm just relaying the message.)

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"tomox" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft Office word 2000. This is first time using this
program
on this computer.I added the paint button on tool bar,but theres no
color
in
it....and I dont know where I can get color from....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

There are two buttons that use the paint bucket icon.

1. The one on the Drawing toolbar (Fill Color) can be used only for
AutoShapes (including text boxes), and no colors will be available unless an
AutoShape is selected.

2. The one on the Tables and Borders toolbar (Shading Color) can be used for
text and table cells. This is probably the one you want to use if you're
trying to apply a color to text.

Alternatively, you could use the Highlighter (though it has very few usable
colors). Also, if you want to change the color of the text itself, then you
need to use the Font Color button.