Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
linm linm is offline

Default Word2007 sends jumbled file to a Mac

I downloaded and have been trying the Office2007 Suite. I created a
calendar file with 4 pages (March-June) and have been making
additions/deletions, etc. I have been saving it in Word 97-2003 format
and passing it back and forth between myself and a Mac User. We have
both been making changes. Suddenly, on Friday, when the Mac User tried
to open the file, 2 pages were superimposed on each other! His machine
reports that it is now a 3 page document and he can see April and May as
if they were on 1 page but one on top of the other. We tried sending it
to other machines that were using Word2003 (PC) and it was fine.

What would be causing this and how do we fix it?

Thanks,

Linm
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

Sounds like someone set bad text wrapping on one of the tables. Click inside
each table (month?) and choose Table--properties, and make sure text wrap
is set to None. I do not have 2007, so I can't be sure that my directions
are perfectly correct.
****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
"linm" wrote in message
I downloaded and have been trying the Office2007 Suite. I created a
calendar file with 4 pages (March-June) and have been making
additions/deletions, etc. I have been saving it in Word 97-2003 format and
passing it back and forth between myself and a Mac User. We have both been
making changes. Suddenly, on Friday, when the Mac User tried to open the
file, 2 pages were superimposed on each other! His machine reports that it
is now a 3 page document and he can see April and May as if they were on 1
page but one on top of the other. We tried sending it to other machines
that were using Word2003 (PC) and it was fine.

What would be causing this and how do we fix it?

Thanks,

Linm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.mac.office.word

[cross-posting to the Mac Word group, just because]

You might tell the Mac user to try the document corruption fixes listed
here, but that's a guess.
http://word.mvps.org/Mac/DocumentCorruption.html

linm wrote:
I downloaded and have been trying the Office2007 Suite. I created a
calendar file with 4 pages (March-June) and have been making
additions/deletions, etc. I have been saving it in Word 97-2003
format and passing it back and forth between myself and a Mac User.
We have both been making changes. Suddenly, on Friday, when the Mac
User tried to open the file, 2 pages were superimposed on each other!
His machine reports that it is now a 3 page document and he can see
April and May as if they were on 1 page but one on top of the other.
We tried sending it to other machines that were using Word2003 (PC)
and it was fine.

What would be causing this and how do we fix it?

Thanks,

Linm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

snip

On 3/25/07 11:16 AM, in article ,
"linm" wrote:

I have been saving it in Word 97-2003 format
and passing it back and forth between myself and a Mac User.

snip

Passing it back & forth *how*; email attachment, network drive, removable
media?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
linm linm is offline

Most of the time, we pass it by leaving it on a Network drive that we
can both access. We also tried me emailing it to him. Same results.

Linm

CyberTaz wrote:
snip