Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Littlelin Littlelin is offline

Default how do i print part of a page in word

i am trying to print part of a page in word...can do it in excel as select
print area...how can i do this in word
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is little concept of 'page' in Word. Pages are made up of various
elements so any attempt to print parts that are not addressed from the print
dialog will be a compromise. The following macro is about as good a
workaround as any.

Sub PrintSelected()
Dim sTemplate As String, sChoice As String
Set myTemplate = ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate
sTemplate = Chr(34) & myTemplate.Path & Application.PathSeparator _
& myTemplate.Name & Chr(34)
sChoice = MsgBox("Use normal.dot to format the text?" & vbCr _
& vbCr & "If No is selected, the original template will be used" _
& vbCr & "This could create problems if there is static" _
& vbCr & "text in the original template.", _
vbYesNo, "Print selected text")
On Error GoTo oops
Selection.copy
If sChoice = vbNo Then
Documents.Add Template:=sTemplate
ElseIf sChoice = vbYes Then
Documents.Add
End If
With Selection
.EndKey Unit:=wdStory
.Paste
End With
Application.PrintOut FileName:=""
ActiveDocument.Close SaveChanges:=False
End
oops:
MsgBox "Select the text you wish to copy first!"
End Sub

Littlelin wrote:
i am trying to print part of a page in word...can do it in excel as
select print area...how can i do this in word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You can select text on a page (or multiple pages) and then choose Selection
in the Print dialog. Note, however, that this selection will print at the
top of the page, without any header or footer.

If you're trying to print part of a page in order to "fill in" a previously
empty spot, obviously this solution is not helpful. What you can do in that
case is select the text that has already been printed and change the font
color (temporarily) to white. This will keep it from printing, and the added
material will print in the correct location.