BJ

Default How do I make a document protected so that it can not be changed?

I am using Word 2003. I would like to creat a document so that when I send
it to a client, they can not change the document. In Word 2003, when you
protect the document, you received a side menu that indicates the document is
protect. Can I take the side menu off?

Thanks.

BJ
Graham Mayor

The best plan is to use a third party utility to save the document in PDF
format. It is not fooproof - any document that you allow someone to view can
be recreated and edited - but it will offer some protection against
alteration.

BJ wrote:
I am using Word 2003. I would like to creat a document so that when
I send it to a client, they can not change the document. In Word
2003, when you protect the document, you received a side menu that
indicates the document is protect. Can I take the side menu off?

Thanks.

BJ

Graham Mayor

As I said in my original post, with the aid of a third party utility Adobe
Acrobat is the industry standard, but expensive. There are some other
suggestions linked from the favourites page of my web site.