Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dave Shaw Dave Shaw is offline

Default Formatting results of merge

I am using an application that integrates with Word and I don't have the
ability to change how this works or add macros, etc.

The application works by creating a newly merged document with a single
record. What I want to know is how I can format the output so that each
character of the output appears in a standard sized box.

I realise this is not clear so what I am trying to replicate is a PDF on the
link below. In this case the output of a single mergefield would be "JOE
BLOGGS & CORPORATE". Usually for a normal merge I would use excel to split
the text but this is not possible.

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...CE_PROD_010454

Any advice?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you want the text to match the grid in your PDF, then you will have to
use a monospaced font such as Courier New. If the PDF is an accurate
representation then that font at 14 point expanded by 4 points should be
pretty close. Create a style with settings close to that and apply to your
text.