Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Purplejopeg Purplejopeg is offline

Default Paste a large amount into a header

I'd like to make a large header box so that I can paste a lot of information
in, but I can't expand the size of the box, any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The header will automatically expand when you add contents to it, pushing
the body of the document down.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Purplejopeg" wrote in message
I'd like to make a large header box so that I can paste a lot of
information
in, but I can't expand the size of the box, any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Purplejopeg Purplejopeg is offline

Thanks, but this didn't work with pasting, in the end I inserted a large
text box into the header and pasted into that.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

The header will automatically expand when you add contents to it, pushing
the body of the document down.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Purplejopeg" wrote in message
I'd like to make a large header box so that I can paste a lot of
information
in, but I can't expand the size of the box, any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What kind of information did you try to insert? Text? A graphic? A table?
What happened when you inserted it without the text box?

Note that pasting as "Unformatted Text" might be an option; this causes the
data to adjust to the formatting already applied to the header paragraph.

To paste as unformatted text: In Word 2007, click the Home tab on the
ribbon. Click Paste, and then click Paste Special. (In Word 97-2003, use
Edit | Paste Special to display the Paste Special dialog box.) Click
"Unformatted Text," and then click OK.