Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DrTominRI

Default automatically inserting text in a merge field blank field.

I greatly appreciate the help this neophyte recieved here recently so here is
another question.

I am using an access DB to create a merged word Document, sending letters to
other colleagues. I have it set up fine if I know the recipeints last name
and company, but if the name field is blank I would like it to automatically
insert another word. e.g if it is to Mr smith, at Mountainview Business Ctr
it should say "Dear Mr Smith". But if it is to some one unknown at Bayview
Business Ctr it should say "Dear Colleague"

I have the Insert before or after if not blank thing down, but the preformed
wizard that comes up with the genereic greeting line is not what I want

Thanks
Tom