Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJSharp PJSharp is offline

Default Page numbers - Word 2003

Using Word 2003. I create a section break so that no page numbers display on
cover sheet (1st page). Word numbers my pages (using Page X of Y), but it's
counting the first page. So the 2nd page, which is the 1st page of the new
section, becomes 1 of 2, not 1 of 1.
How do I get Word to NOT count the 1st page of a non-numbered section?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Press Alt+F9 to display field codes. You'll see { PAGE } of { NUMPAGES }.
Change the last field to { = { NUMPAGES } - 1 } (use Ctrl+F9 to insert the
additional pair of field delimiters, {}).

Alternatively, if by "section" you mean a Word section, replace the NUMPAGES
field with a SECTIONPAGES field.

When you are done, press F9 to update. Press Alt+F9 to hide field codes
again.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PJSharp" wrote in message
Using Word 2003. I create a section break so that no page numbers display
on
cover sheet (1st page). Word numbers my pages (using Page X of Y), but
it's
counting the first page. So the 2nd page, which is the 1st page of the
new
section, becomes 1 of 2, not 1 of 1.
How do I get Word to NOT count the 1st page of a non-numbered section?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJSharp PJSharp is offline

Excellent! I got both options to work (yes I tried them both, just for
grins). My doc now pages correctly. Thank you muchly.

"PJSharp" wrote in message
Using Word 2003. I create a section break so that no page numbers display
on
cover sheet (1st page). Word numbers my pages (using Page X of Y), but
it's
counting the first page. So the 2nd page, which is the 1st page of the
new
section, becomes 1 of 2, not 1 of 1.
How do I get Word to NOT count the 1st page of a non-numbered section?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

--