Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gareth Gareth is offline

Default How do I install Reference Manager 10 in Word 2007?

How do I install Reference Manager 10 in Word 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

The same way you installed it in earlier versions of Word. It might not
work with Word 2007 yet. You should contact the company that makes
Reference Manager and ask them for help.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Gareth" wrote in message
:

How do I install Reference Manager 10 in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If it works by adding toolbars to Word, check in the Add-ins tab after
installing it.

It would be interesting to hear a Reference Manager's observations about
Word 2007's citation manager (see Citations & Bibliography in the References
tab).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Gareth" wrote in message
How do I install Reference Manager 10 in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

PS... if it's already installed, check Office - Word Options - Add-Ins, and
make sure it's not disabled or inactive.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Gareth" wrote in message
How do I install Reference Manager 10 in Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thomson is not the fastest boat out there, so it probably isn't supposed to
work yet. I'm kinda surprised they don't have a FAQ for this, though.
http://refman.com/support

I doubt RefMan will care about Word 2007's citation manager, unless it is
*really* good--RefMan, EndNote, etc, support hundreds of different styles,
e.g., the Journal of Human Biology and the Journal of Animal Biology want
different citation styles and RefMan will reformat them for you (made up
examples). I'm guessing Word 2007's citation manager does MLA, APA, and I
*really* hope Chicago, but I bet not. Students with simple needs never
bought RefMan anyhow, but frequently requested a citation manager from Word.
I doubt it's real competition for Thomson (maker of RefMan and EndNote,
maybe ProCite).

What a lot I have to say about something I've never seen--I'll have to
investigate the citation manager when Office 2007 is out. Did some research,
though--guest post from the "program manager for academic features".
http://blogs.msdn.com/joe_friend/arc...13/664960.aspx

Comments there show how the RefMan market will react.

On 9/18/06 4:56 PM, "Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

If it works by adding toolbars to Word, check in the Add-ins tab after
installing it.

It would be interesting to hear a Reference Manager's observations about
Word 2007's citation manager (see Citations & Bibliography in the References
tab).

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

FYI, EndNote 7 is working here well in Word 2007.

Patrick Schmid
http://pschmid.net

: