Don Q

Default Insert symbol dialogue box

For apparently no reason the Insert symbol dialogue box now fills the entire
screen which makes entries somewhat tiresome. How do I restore the default
size or do I have to re-install Word?
Shauna Kelly

Hi Don Q

If this is a recent version of Word, you can re-size the dialog box. You
have two basic controls, just as you do with any window. You can
double-click the blue bar at the top of the dialog box to toggle between
displaying in a full-screen and "window". When the dialog is showing as a
window, you can drag the the corners or edges of the window to re-size it.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Don Q" Don wrote in message
For apparently no reason the Insert symbol dialogue box now fills the
entire
screen which makes entries somewhat tiresome. How do I restore the
default
size or do I have to re-install Word?

Shauna Kelly

Hi Suzanne

As far as I can see, it's the same dialog box for all Office applications.
Set the size in one, and it will apply to all the others.

Cheers

Shauna

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Wow! Thanks for this Don Q and Shauna. I had not realized that the Symbol
dialog was one of the resizable ones. If this is also true in FP, it will
be
a big help.

so
all may benefit.

"Don Q" Don wrote in message
For apparently no reason the Insert symbol dialogue box now fills the
entire
screen which makes entries somewhat tiresome. How do I restore the
default
size or do I have to re-install Word?

Yes, I already tested this in FP. I've reluctantly started composing in FP,
where I really miss Word's AutoFormat and keyboard shortcuts for special
characters, of which I'm having to insert a lot because I'm writing about
Japanese subjects; just having more characters visible in the MRU list will
be a big help.

"Shauna Kelly" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne

As far as I can see, it's the same dialog box for all Office applications.
Set the size in one, and it will apply to all the others.

Cheers

Shauna

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Wow! Thanks for this Don Q and Shauna. I had not realized that the

Symbol
dialog was one of the resizable ones. If this is also true in FP, it

will
be
a big help.

newsgroup