Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joti Joti is offline

Default How do I make scrambled footnotes in good order?

Dear all,

This is the first time I ask forums for help about microsoft office word.
Could anyone tell me how to make scrambled footnotes in one document in good
order?
I don't even know how my footnotes can be scrambled.

Any suggestion is welcomed and much appreciated.

Joti.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you been Tracking Changes, using the Reviewing tools on the
document? That's the most common reason for footnotes to be out of
order. Word will sort them out properly when all the Changes are Accepted.

Joti wrote:
Dear all,

This is the first time I ask forums for help about microsoft office word.
Could anyone tell me how to make scrambled footnotes in one document in good
order?
I don't even know how my footnotes can be scrambled.

Any suggestion is welcomed and much appreciated.

Joti.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joti Joti is offline

Hello Daiya,
Thank you for responding to my question, in the first place. No, I have not
been Tracking Changes. I was simply typing in my script in Word and handed it
out to my friend to have it checked. After checking, she wants me to add and
delete some footnotes in my script.
Usually, one change in footnote will result in automatic change to the other
footnotes (so I do not need to change the footnote manually). But this time,
it's quite troublesome, the footnotes do not want to automatically change.

Could you help me to sort this out? (Or anyone here, please?) I am badly in
need of your help out there..

Joti wrote:
Dear all,

This is the first time I ask forums for help about microsoft office word.
Could anyone tell me how to make scrambled footnotes in one document in good
order?
I don't even know how my footnotes can be scrambled.

Any suggestion is welcomed and much appreciated.

Joti.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Did your friend perhaps add manual footnotes? Check if the problematic ones
are "true" footnotes by switching to Normal view (Draft view if you are
using Word 2007). Then display the footnote area (View | Footnotes in Word
2003; References tab, Show Notes button in Word 2007). Are the problematic
notes listed?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP