Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Wowbagger

Default windowed envelope duplex template

My workgroup printer (Brother 8840DN) does a very nice job on duplex
printing. I would like to be able to print up a letter then have the
printer flip the paper over and print the address on the back side of the
paper so that when it folds up the address will allign with the window of a
standard #10 envelope. I've been doing the trial and error thing and and
kind of get it lined up correctly, but would love to find an existing
template that already has everything set up. Even better would be if the
template will also print the barcode.

Does such a beast exist?

Also, once upon a time there was a template/setting that would print little
"fold here" marks in the margins so you could get the fold perfectly right
the first time. If this was included in the duplex window template it would
be the most wonderful thing the world has ever seen.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I don't know of any such template, but you can easily create one. Fold a
piece of paper and insert it into a window envelope (remove the plastic, if
any, from the window). Draw around the outline of the window. Make pencil
marks where you folded the paper. Open the paper and measure the positions
of the window and marks. Insert a text box in the correct position for the
window and drawing lines for the fold lines.

"Wowbagger" none wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Maybe, maybe not. The usual way in which a window envelope is used is for
the address to be printed on the first page of the letter.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP