Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
skippy

Default ms/word in w/xp

is it possible I may have deleted m/word how can I reinstall it
--
spa
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 13:53:02 -0800, skippy
wrote:

is it possible I may have deleted m/word how can I reinstall it

It's more likely you only deleted the desktop icon or the Start
Programs menu item. Can you still open Word documents by
double-clicking them?

Look in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE10 (if you have Office
XP, or OFFICE11 if you have Office 2003) for the file WinWord.exe. If
it's there but double-clicking a document doesn't start it, open the
Start menu, click Run, and enter the command

WinWord.exe /r

to re-register Word. You may also need to right-click the WinWord.exe
file and choose Send To Desktop (as Shortcut) to recreate the
shortcut.

If the file isn't there, you'll have to reinstall it from the Office
CD. There's no other way to get it back. If you can't locate the CD,
see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326246 to find out how to get a
replacement.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

It's pretty tough to do that by accident. Why do you think you did?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"skippy" wrote in message
is it possible I may have deleted m/word how can I reinstall it
--
spa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kathryn Groves

one way to check to see if you lost an icon -- or messed up the
application... go into Windows Explorer -- find one of your Word Doc's...
and double click it. If MS Word is there intact, the document should open.
If you get some type of error -- then one way or another you have either
corrupted the application (or just 1 little file) or possibly
uninstalled --but that is IMPOSSIBLE to do by accident.

Kathy Groves