Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Slick32

Default Fonts - A Little Help

I am using XP Home

Office 2003

I have looked all over for this answer:

Which fonts in Word 2003 are non-proportional.

Would prefer one that I can use to generate code and differenates between a
0 (zero) and an O (letter 0) etc.

Any help gratefully appreciated

Slick32

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Courier or Courier New. You would still have to be careful to distinguish
between a zero and an uppercase o.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Slick32" wrote in message
newsTLrf.5931$mK.1259@dukeread03...
I am using XP Home

Office 2003

I have looked all over for this answer:

Which fonts in Word 2003 are non-proportional.

Would prefer one that I can use to generate code and differenates between
a 0 (zero) and an O (letter 0) etc.

Any help gratefully appreciated

Slick32

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jim

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 08:49:46 +0100, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:

Courier or Courier New. You would still have to be careful to distinguish
between a zero and an uppercase o.

Gosh - I hark back to the days of C/PM, when I could instruct my
printer to print the numeral 0 either with or without a diagonal
slash, and I wish that my prefered font, Arial, had the slashed zero
today...

Blessed be, for sure...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I don't have the best eyesight but *usually* a zero is narrower than an O.
And if you are creating the document, the zero is beside the 9, the O is
beside the P. (I see that in your post you used a zero in "(letter 0)".)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Slick32" wrote in message
newsTLrf.5931$mK.1259@dukeread03...
I am using XP Home

Office 2003

I have looked all over for this answer:

Which fonts in Word 2003 are non-proportional.

Would prefer one that I can use to generate code and differenates between
a 0 (zero) and an O (letter 0) etc.

Any help gratefully appreciated

Slick32

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson

Andale mono has a distinguisned zero and is monospaced. The distinction is
made with a 'dot' in the zentre of the zero. The fon is not now as easy to
find as it once was. However, it is part of a package which is intended to
allow the MS Hyperterminal program be used with the French Mintel service.
You can get the package from the MS FTP server, extract the files and
install just the required font.

FTP://ftp.microsoft/com/Softlib/MSLFILES/MINTEL.EXE

Also, Onuava, a monospaced font from Font Craft/Scriptorum is worth
considering.
Once it was part of a free web font package but I could not locate that
offer now. Price is $18.00.
http://www.fontcraft.com/Merchant2/m...ct_Code=onuava

Let us know.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Slick32" wrote in message
newsTLrf.5931$mK.1259@dukeread03...
:I am using XP Home
:
: Office 2003
:
: I have looked all over for this answer:
:
: Which fonts in Word 2003 are non-proportional.
:
: Would prefer one that I can use to generate code and differenates
between a
: 0 (zero) and an O (letter 0) etc.
:
: Any help gratefully appreciated
:
: Slick32
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson

I have located the free version of Onuava.
http://www.ragnarokpress.com/scriptorium/webfonts.html

Tom
MSMVP
Windows shell/User