Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
eener73

Default How do I change the format of ALL footnotes, and not 1 at a time?

Hello,
I'm trying to like MS Word, but it's difficult - the auto-formatting is
driving me crazy. I need to change the default font of the footnotes - a
simple task, I thought - from 10 to 12 size. I use copious footnotes, and
really don't want to have to change them all independently. Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Modify the font in the "Footnote Text" style.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"eener73" wrote in message
Hello,
I'm trying to like MS Word, but it's difficult - the auto-formatting is
driving me crazy. I need to change the default font of the footnotes - a
simple task, I thought - from 10 to 12 size. I use copious footnotes, and
really don't want to have to change them all independently. Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JeanClerk

Default Changing format of ALL footnotes, not 1 at a time

So I go to look at my styles and there aren't any. I just got a new computer
and maybe the install was too specialized so this was left off? Where do I
look for default styles?

"eener73" wrote in message
Hello,
I'm trying to like MS Word, but it's difficult - the auto-formatting is
driving me crazy. I need to change the default font of the footnotes - a
simple task, I thought - from 10 to 12 size. I use copious footnotes, and
really don't want to have to change them all independently. Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Footnote Text is one of the styles that Word 2002 and 2003 make very
difficult to access. In the Styles and Formatting task pane, set the view to
Custom, which will open the Format Settings dialog. Click the Styles...
button in the lower left corner to open the Style dialog. Select Footnote
Text, choose Modify, and make the desired font change.

"eener73" wrote in message
Hello,
I'm trying to like MS Word, but it's difficult - the auto-formatting

is
driving me crazy. I need to change the default font of the

footnotes - a
simple task, I thought - from 10 to 12 size. I use copious footnotes,

and
really don't want to have to change them all independently. Please

help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans

Alternatively, in Print Layout View select some text in the footnote (in
Footnote Text style) and you will be able to modify the style from the
dropdown in the "Formatting of Selected Text" box at the top of the the
Styles Task Pane. Note that this doesn't work when selecting text in the
Footnotes Pane in Normal View.

Another route is, having selected Custom from the Task Pane, select "All
Styles" in the Format Settings Dialog. Then check Footnote Text and it will
be displayed in appropriate lists in the Task Pane.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Footnote Text is one of the styles that Word 2002 and 2003 make very
difficult to access. In the Styles and Formatting task pane, set the view

Custom, which will open the Format Settings dialog. Click the Styles...
button in the lower left corner to open the Style dialog. Select Footnote
Text, choose Modify, and make the desired font change.

so
all may benefit.