Jenny A.

Default Install a font from another computer?

Hello all. I have a lot of cool fonts on my other computer. But, I got a
new laptop, and my new laptop doesn't have a lot of cool fonts. So, what I
wanted to know is if there was a way of copying fonts from one computer to
another? Is there any way I can do this? Thanks!
tweedepoging

Jenny A. shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Hello all. I have a lot of cool fonts on my other computer. But, I
got a new laptop, and my new laptop doesn't have a lot of cool fonts.
So, what I wanted to know is if there was a way of copying fonts from
one computer to another? Is there any way I can do this? Thanks!

Quick&(very)dirty solution: copy the .ttf files in the fonts folder to
the other pc.

Clean solution:
Make a copy of the Windows Fonts folder on your laptop.
Don't call it "fonts".
Go to Control Panel - Fonts and click File - Install new font.
Browse to the copy of your fonts folder and follow the on-screen
instructions.

Fonts are just files. License issues aside, you can copy the files to a
floppy or CD and then copy them from the floppy/CD to your Windows Fonts
folder or open Control Panel | Fonts and use File | Install New Font to
select and install the files from the floppy/CD.