PT

Default Names appear with Gray Background

Occasionally I find that text containing a person's name displays with a
gray background. The background doesn't appear when the text is printed.
Is this perhaps some feature which picks up names in my Outlook Express
address book?

Word 2003, Windows XP Home, Outlook Express 6

--
PT

Greg Maxey

If the names are the result of a merge field or any word field for that
matter they may show up with the grey highlighting. To turn off, click
ToolsOptionsViewShowField shading and select never or when selected.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support