John R. Baker

Default Track Changes - Merge Into Final Document

I have a document with "Track Changes" enabled. The new additions are
underlined in red, and new deletions have a red strike-through. I want to
merge these changes into a "final" document that does NOT show changes, but
the RESULT of the changes.

I know how to display the result of the changes with the dropdown that has
the following options:
- Final Showing Markup
- Final
- Original Showing Markup
- Original

But what I want to do is formally, finally COMMIT the changes to be THE
document.

How can I "once and for all" commit the changes, and not just display the
resultant merge?

Thanks!

- John R. Baker

Debutante

You need to access the "reviewing" toolbar.
(View, Toolbars, Reviewing)

There is a toolbar button (blue check with pencil)
that will "accept all changes". Click on the arrow button
on the button and you will see the option.