Sandy

Default 1/4" hash border

I'm creating WHIMIS label templates and need a 1/4" hash border....
Can you create new borders in Word 2000?
Does anyone know of wide hash border templates for Word 2000?

Thanks in advance.

Jay Freedman

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:32:57 -0500, "Sandy"
wrote:

I'm creating WHIMIS label templates and need a 1/4" hash border....
Can you create new borders in Word 2000?
Does anyone know of wide hash border templates for Word 2000?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Sandy,

There isn't any way to get anything hashed or that wide in the Borders
and Shading dialog, but you can do it with tools from the Drawing
toolbar. I'm not sure whether your labels are full-page or several per
page, but the latter just means drawing more lines.

Display the Drawing toolbar and select the Line tool. Draw a line
across the top of your label and another down one side. Hold the Shift
key as you drag to keep the lines exactly horizontal or vertical. Now
hold Ctrl while you select the top line and drag to make a copy for
the bottom of the label; do the same to copy the line from one side to
the other. If necessary, drag the ends of the lines so they meet at
the corners.

Hold the Ctrl key while you click each of the four lines so they're
all selected simultaneously. Then right-click one of them, select
Grouping, and select Group. This joins the lines into one rectangle.

Right-click again and select Format Object. Click the Color dropdown
and select Patterned Lines at the bottom of the list. Click one of the
wide diagonal patterns. If you want a color other than black, select
that. Click OK. Back in the Format dialog, go to the Weight box and
enter 0.25" or 18 pt (these measurements are equivalent). Click OK.

You can use the arrow keys to move the border; hold Ctrl at the same
time for finer control.

When the border is complete, you can select it and press Alt+F3 to
make an AutoText entry of it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman