Mel

Default Cursor shrunk

Suddenly the cursor in my Word documents is about half the size it was. Did
I accidentally change something?

Jay Freedman

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 10:08:16 -0800, "Mel"
wrote:

Suddenly the cursor in my Word documents is about half the size it was. Did
I accidentally change something?

Try changing the zoom to 500% and back to 100%.

We've suddenly had a bunch of questions about this -- clearly
something odd is going on. Can you take a guess at what changed on
your system recently? Did you install Windows XP Service Pack 2?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Mel

I did the 500% zoom and back and it worked. It looks like I will have to do
the zoom thing in each document that has his problem.

No, I haven't installed Service Pack 2 yet. I have no idea what made this
change. It was fine when I shut down last night and was shrunk today when I
went back to work.

wrote:

Suddenly the cursor in my Word documents is about half the size it was.

Did
I accidentally change something?

Try changing the zoom to 500% and back to 100%.

We've suddenly had a bunch of questions about this -- clearly
something odd is going on. Can you take a guess at what changed on
your system recently? Did you install Windows XP Service Pack 2?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Graham Mayor

If the problem is re-occurring, then try adding the following two lines to
both an autonew and an autoopen macro. It will switch to 500% then
immediately back to 100% for each document you open or create. If you
normally use a different zoom from 100% then change the figure in the second
line.

ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom.Percentage = 500
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom.Percentage = 100

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm