Harry Sampson

Default Tables & Spacing

Hi,

I am using Word 2003 and am using table for formatting and structure. Is
there an easy way to have a space between the rows? In other words, when I
create a new set of information in Row2, can I have some small space between
Row2 and Row1? I want this space to be automatically added/created whenever
I use the next row.

HS

Shauna Kelly

Hi HS

By "space between rows" do you mean you want a top and bottom border to a
cell, so that you would see the two borders independently with space between
them? If so, click within your table. Table Properties. On the Table tab,
click Options. Tick "Allow spacing between cells" and choose an appropriate
measurement. (Try 0.1cm as a start.)

Alternatively, perhaps you want some more space between the borders of a
cell and the text. If that's the case, then on the same dialog box you
reached before, change the default cell margins. To change the margins for
existing cells, select the whole table, Table Properties. On the Cells
tab, click Options and set all cells to have "Same as the whole table".
You'll now be able to fiddle with the default margins to get the spacing you
need.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Harry Sampson" wrote in message
Hi,

I am using Word 2003 and am using table for formatting and structure. Is
there an easy way to have a space between the rows? In other words, when
I create a new set of information in Row2, can I have some small space
between Row2 and Row1? I want this space to be automatically
added/created whenever I use the next row.

HS

Harry Sampson

Hi Shauna,

One of those ideas will work. I will try both to see which achieves the
effect that I am looking for.

Thank you for your help.

HS

Shauna Kelly wrote