Higgi

Default Label maker problem

When I bring up labels in Word, I check full page of same label. I want
5160; 30 labels to a page. When I click on new document, all I get is a
blank full sheet, no small labels. Is this an HP problem or a Microsoft
problem? I have no Microsoft support. How do I get my labels back? I would
appreciate any help. Thank you.
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 20:23:02 -0800, "Higgi"
wrote:

When I bring up labels in Word, I check full page of same label. I want
5160; 30 labels to a page. When I click on new document, all I get is a
blank full sheet, no small labels. Is this an HP problem or a Microsoft
problem? I have no Microsoft support. How do I get my labels back? I would
appreciate any help. Thank you.

If you didn't put any text in the address area of the Labels dialog,
then the document contains an empty table. To see the lines at the
edges of the cells, click Table Show Gridlines.

If you did put text into the dialog, it should be repeated in each
cell of the table. It could somehow have been marked with Hidden font
formatting or white color, but both of those are unlikely.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
TF

To add to Jay's suggestion: if you really just want a blank sheet of labels
to fill in manually, then you have done the correct action but you need to
use Table, Show Gridlines before you see the labels. The labels are really
nothing more templates with pre-created tables the correct size to match the
particular labels. But you need Gridlines on to see them!

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Higgi" wrote in message
: When I bring up labels in Word, I check full page of same label. I want
: 5160; 30 labels to a page. When I click on new document, all I get is a
: blank full sheet, no small labels. Is this an HP problem or a Microsoft
: problem? I have no Microsoft support. How do I get my labels back? I
would
: appreciate any help. Thank you.

custom label page size in mail merge (on a mac) Beee Mailmerge 1 January 7th 05 05:56 AM
Label maker troubleshooting Higgi Microsoft Word Help 1 January 2nd 05 04:03 AM
Label Template ll Microsoft Word Help 1 December 20th 04 05:05 PM
label does not fit on one page! Attila Microsoft Word Help 8 December 7th 04 03:55 PM
I want to print a single label and I have already used the label s Lyn M Microsoft Word Help 1 November 24th 04 04:39 PM