Richard Harison

Default Run application using Word 2002 toolbar button

Although using Word 2002, I still have the clipart gallery from Office 2000,
and would like to access it by using a toolbar button. Problem is I am
having trouble creating a macro to run any outside application, let alone
the clip gallery (which I can only access from a shortcut on the Windows XP
main program menu. (Can't find or properly name the actual clip executable.
Help would be appreciated--Thank you

--
All the Best . . .
Richard Harison

Rick

Have you looked at the Shell function in VBA? For instance, the following
code launches the Win Registry:

Dim dMyValue As Double
dMyValue = Shell("C:\WINDOWS\system32\regedt32.EXE", 1)

"Richard Harison" wrote in message
Although using Word 2002, I still have the clipart gallery from Office 2000,
and would like to access it by using a toolbar button. Problem is I am
having trouble creating a macro to run any outside application, let alone
the clip gallery (which I can only access from a shortcut on the Windows XP
main program menu. (Can't find or properly name the actual clip executable.
Help would be appreciated--Thank you

--
All the Best . . .
Richard Harison

Richard Harison

I had forgotten about the VB?DOS "shell command. Thanks. I'll try it right
away! (Sadly, it is *so* easy in WordPerfect)
One further question-- I am trying to get the button to open the Word 2000
clip gallery. (I am using Word 2002)
A shortcut on my Windows main menu will open it but won't tell me the name
of the executable. Tried searching the hard drive--no luck. Any ideas?
--
All the Best . . .
Richard Harison
"Rick" wrote in message
| Have you looked at the Shell function in VBA? For instance, the following
| code launches the Win Registry:
|
| Dim dMyValue As Double
| dMyValue = Shell("C:\WINDOWS\system32\regedt32.EXE", 1)

~~~snipped RH

Richard Harison

Works great--thanks!!!!

--
All the Best . . .
Richard Harison
"Rick" wrote in message
| Have you looked at the Shell function in VBA? For instance, the following
| code launches the Win Registry:
|
| Dim dMyValue As Double
| dMyValue = Shell("C:\WINDOWS\system32\regedt32.EXE", 1)

~~~snipped RH

Jay Freedman

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 13:22:16 -0500, "Richard Harison"
wrote:

I had forgotten about the VB?DOS "shell command. Thanks. I'll try it right
away! (Sadly, it is *so* easy in WordPerfect)
One further question-- I am trying to get the button to open the Word 2000
clip gallery. (I am using Word 2002)
A shortcut on my Windows main menu will open it but won't tell me the name
of the executable. Tried searching the hard drive--no luck. Any ideas?

Hi Richard,

It appears that the path to the Clip Art Gallery executable is

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Artgalry\CAG.exe

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Richard Harison

Many thanks to both you and "Rick" for solving this stickler!!! I tried
every permutation of clip clipart and gallery I could think of for disk
searches. But CAG (clip Art Gallery) NEVER occurred to me. Thanks again.
PS-- the file name/path for Word 2002 clip organizer is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\mstore.EXE
Mstore?? don't know where they got that one!!!