Island Girl

Default Symbols

I believe I inadvertantly posted this question to the wrong newsgroup a few
hours earlier, because I haven't seen it posted here and I know that it
usually doesn't take very long. So if I did, I apologize.

I was given a chart to do in which one of the symbols was an "I"
superimposed over an "O." I believe this is a math or engineering symbol. I
couldn't find anything that looked like it on my computer. Do you know what
it is or how I could duplicate it in Word? Is there absolutely no way to
type one letter over another?

I've got a feeling I'm going to feel stupid when I hear from you!

Thanks so much.
garfield-n-odie

That sounds like Φ which is the Greek capital letter Phi. Type 03A6
(that first character is a zero) and press Alt+X. Or click on Insert |
Symbol | Font: normal text | Subset: Basic Greek | choose the Φ symbol
from the list | Insert.