dfmorris

Default Document templates with variable information.

How do I set up a template with word that will prompt me for text to be
inserted each time the template is opened?
Charles Kenyon

Three choices I'm aware of:
1) Fill-In and ASK fields. These are familiar to people using Word Perfect
and are probably the worst way to do this in Word.
2) An online form (fixed text with spots for variables); these are usually
created using the Forms toolbar.
3) A UserForm (custom dialog box to gather information with instructions on
where to put it in the document). This is most flexible but is intermediate
level macro programming.

You can find a tutorial on the fields at
http://addbalance.com/word/download.htm.

For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm for a starter on