Electronic Lady

Default Hyperlinks to network file locations failing.

Did you gtet an answer? I'm having the same problem.

"Robr_uk " wrote:

Hi all,

I have a document containing hyperlinks to various others on the
network. Some of these links work, others don't.

The ones that don't, I edit, test and they work. I save the doc, they
still work. I close the doc and reopen and the formatting of the
hyperlink is changed to /.../.../data/nameofdoc.doc and they again fail
to open. I have edited the doc in both word 97 and word 2003, on NT4 and
XP and still have the same issue.

I believe it is something to do with saving the document on the word
2003\XP machine. My save as type is .doc and my compatibilty option is
set to word 2003. Should this be changed to 97, as both 2003 and 97
will be used to open the doc.

EDIT: Further to this I changed that setting above and no change has
been noted.

Thanks,

Rob

---