Ron

Default How to replace high-lighted text

This question relates to Microsoft Word 2000.

I have high-lighted text in a Word document and wish to
replace each character of the high-lighted text with
an "X",
eg. "The quick fox jumps..."
becomes "The XXXXX fox XXXXX..".
('quick' and 'jumps' are high-lighted).

Is there a way of achieving this using the Find and
Replace utility? I have found several related tips from
the MVP site, regarding the F & R utility but was unable
to find one that deals with this specific topic.

Can anyone provide me with some hints?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks very much.

Ron

Mirror Text Box [email protected] Formatting Long Documents 1 January 24th 05 07:02 PM
Excel worksheet in Word linked text boxes Eduardo Oliveira Page Layout 0 January 5th 05 11:23 PM
A problem with text boxes and free space on the page [email protected] New Users 3 January 4th 05 09:39 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
textbox to normal text Jack Sons New Users 16 December 5th 04 03:44 PM