Gradey Skool

Default wordd 2003- browser and email issues

hello folks,

i have just started using word 2003.

before i was using word xp.

i am experiencing the following problems:

1. in word xp - on the buttons tab there used to be email icon and i could
just email a doc by clicking on that. now i cant email from word. even if i
go to file/send to ..the mail recipient is phased out. is it possible to
email like in word xp. i do not have outlook installed and use outlook
express as my email client.

2. i cant open or access the online help or get the online templates . if i
click on it, a small new window pops up which says "error launching browser"

any help or explanation will be appreciated.

~D~

Browsers have so many different scenarios let's see what we can narrow it
down with.

You may want to try a virus scan or spyware scan on your pc to make sure
that you don't have any uninvited garbage and really clean it up.

If that doesn't work Outlook Express is part of Internet Explorer and you
are having other IE issues I would suggest uninstall Internet Explorer and
then reinstall. Internet Explorer. You can then check "Tools, Internet
Options, Programs" and make sure that Outlook Express is your e-mail editor.

"Gradey Skool" wrote in message
hello folks,

i have just started using word 2003.

before i was using word xp.

i am experiencing the following problems:

1. in word xp - on the buttons tab there used to be email icon and i could
just email a doc by clicking on that. now i cant email from word. even if

go to file/send to ..the mail recipient is phased out. is it possible to
email like in word xp. i do not have outlook installed and use outlook
express as my email client.

2. i cant open or access the online help or get the online templates . if

click on it, a small new window pops up which says "error launching

browser"

any help or explanation will be appreciated.

Gradey Skool

just did that, im afraid the problem still persists, and also did virus
check - system clean.

one other thing i noticed is that clicking on a link in outlook express will
also now not open. i apprecaite that this is a word group but my problems
started after i installed office 2003 (without outlook).

i am still on xp sp1. do u think that upgrading to sp2 will help..any ideas
on the emailing issue/icon...

thnx in advance

"~D~" wrote in message
[...]

~D~

...Sorry it didn't work.

SP2 won't help if the program isn't working.

Are you using version 6 of Internet Explorer?

What Internet Service Provider are you using?

"~D~" wrote in message
[...]

TF

If you are trying to Mail To: from Word using Outlook, you need the same
versions installed, i.e. both versions need to be 2003.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: one other thing i noticed is that clicking on a link in outlook express
will
: also now not open. i apprecaite that this is a word group but my problems
: started after i installed office 2003 (without outlook).
:
: i am still on xp sp1. do u think that upgrading to sp2 will help..any
ideas
: on the emailing issue/icon...
:
: thnx in advance