Sherry

Default how do I get outlook express as my email in word 2002

I have installed works suite 2005 on my windows xp computer, but now when I
try to email directly from programs (word 2002 & jasc photo album) outlook
comes up which I don't use. OE is my default in IE. How do I get OE in the
above programs?
TF

Sherry

Check that in Control Panel, Internet Options, Programs tab that OE is set
as the default Email program.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Sherry" wrote in message
:I have installed works suite 2005 on my windows xp computer, but now when I
: try to email directly from programs (word 2002 & jasc photo album) outlook
: comes up which I don't use. OE is my default in IE. How do I get OE in the
: above programs?

TF

Has this ever worked on your computer through OE?

Terry

"Sherry" wrote in message
:I have outlook express as my default email program and it shows up in my
list
: of IE programs. Do you have any other suggestions?
:
: "TF" wrote:
:
: Sherry
:
: Check that in Control Panel, Internet Options, Programs tab that OE is
set
: as the default Email program.
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
: "Sherry" wrote in message
: ...
: :I have installed works suite 2005 on my windows xp computer, but now
when I
: : try to email directly from programs (word 2002 & jasc photo album)
outlook
: : comes up which I don't use. OE is my default in IE. How do I get OE in
the
: : above programs?
:
:
:

Chuck Davis

I believe that you will find only Office Outlook can use Office Word (same
versions).
"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
I'm not sure why this has happened because WordXP was installed. If the
Internet settings shows OE as your default mail client, that should be it.

Terry

"Sherry" wrote in message
: Before I installed word 2002(works suite2005) this worked fine using
jasc
: paint shop photo album 5 with OE. I previously had office 97 on my
computer.
: Only discovered the problem after installing the new program
:
: "TF" wrote:
:
: Has this ever worked on your computer through OE?
:
: Terry
:
: "Sherry" wrote in message
: ...
: :I have outlook express as my default email program and it shows up in
my
: list
: : of IE programs. Do you have any other suggestions?
: :
: : "TF" wrote:
: :
: : Sherry
: :
: : Check that in Control Panel, Internet Options, Programs tab that
OE
is
: set
: : as the default Email program.
: :
: : --
: : Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: : http://word.mvps.org/
: :
: : "Sherry" wrote in message
: : ...
: : :I have installed works suite 2005 on my windows xp computer, but
now
: when I
: : : try to email directly from programs (word 2002 & jasc photo
album)
: outlook
: : : comes up which I don't use. OE is my default in IE. How do I get
OE in
: the
: : : above programs?
: :
: :
: :
:
:
:

I am using Word 2003 with Outlook Express as my default mail client. I don't
use Word as my email editor, but I can send emails from Word.

: "TF" wrote:
:
: Has this ever worked on your computer through OE?
:
: Terry
:
: "Sherry" wrote in message
: ...
: :I have outlook express as my default email program and it shows up

in
my
: list
: : of IE programs. Do you have any other suggestions?
: :
: : "TF" wrote:
: :
: : Sherry
: :
: : Check that in Control Panel, Internet Options, Programs tab that
OE
is
: set
: : as the default Email program.
: :
: : --
: : Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: : http://word.mvps.org/
: :
: : "Sherry" wrote in message
: : ...
: : :I have installed works suite 2005 on my windows xp computer,

but
now
: when I
: : : try to email directly from programs (word 2002 & jasc photo
album)
: outlook
: : : comes up which I don't use. OE is my default in IE. How do I

get
OE in
: the
: : : above programs?
: :
: :
: :
:
:
:

TF

Suzanne

I've actually replied earlier to the previous posting. I was making some
changes in Outlook for a colleague this morning and found a setting in
Outlook I have never noted before and would never have thought to look for
it where it is located even if I had known about it!

Try opening Outlook and going to Tools, Options, Other tab and clear the
checkbox 'Make Outlook the default Program for Email, Contacts and
Calendar'. I didn't suggest this last time because I have never noticed it
before and wonder what the hell it is doing hidden under 'Other' tab! It
must also conflict with the settings in Control Panel, Internet Options.
Unquote

Terry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
:I am using Word 2003 with Outlook Express as my default mail client. I
don't
: use Word as my email editor, but I can send emails from Word.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
so
: all may benefit.
:
: "Chuck Davis" newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com wrote in message
: ...
: I believe that you will find only Office Outlook can use Office Word
(same
: versions).
: "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: ...
: I'm not sure why this has happened because WordXP was installed. If
the
: Internet settings shows OE as your default mail client, that should be
: it.
:
: Terry
:
:
: "Sherry" wrote in message
: ...
: : Before I installed word 2002(works suite2005) this worked fine using
: jasc
: : paint shop photo album 5 with OE. I previously had office 97 on my
: computer.
: : Only discovered the problem after installing the new program
: :
: : "TF" wrote:
: :
: : Has this ever worked on your computer through OE?
: :
: : Terry
: :
: : "Sherry" wrote in message
: : ...
: : :I have outlook express as my default email program and it shows
up
: in
: my
: : list
: : : of IE programs. Do you have any other suggestions?
: : :
: : : "TF" wrote:
: : :
: : : Sherry
: : :
: : : Check that in Control Panel, Internet Options, Programs tab
that
: OE
: is
: : set
: : : as the default Email program.
: : :
: : : --
: : : Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: : : http://word.mvps.org/
: : :
: : : "Sherry" wrote in message
: : : ...
[...]

Sherry

I don't have Outlook installed on my computer and did a file search to see if
anything had been added during my word installation, but can't find anything
that would allow me to try your suggestion. Thanks anyway for the suggestion

"TF" wrote:

[...]

: "Sherry" wrote in message
: ...
: : Before I installed word 2002(works suite2005) this worked fine using
: jasc
: : paint shop photo album 5 with OE. I previously had office 97 on my
: computer.
: : Only discovered the problem after installing the new program
: :
: : "TF" wrote:
: :
: : Has this ever worked on your computer through OE?
: :
: : Terry
: :
: : "Sherry" wrote in message
: : ...
: : :I have outlook express as my default email program and it shows
up
: in
: my
: : list
: : : of IE programs. Do you have any other suggestions?
: : :
: : : "TF" wrote:
: : :
: : : Sherry
: : :
: : : Check that in Control Panel, Internet Options, Programs tab
that
: OE
: is
: : set