ilyaz

Default Footnote problem

I used to have Word 2000. In it, when I pointed mouse to a footnote
insertion (a superscript number in a text), a small flag and then the
footnote text would appear in a small window, which was quite a convenience.
Recently, I have installed MS Word 2002 on my Windows XP Home SP2. Now, when
I point mouse to a footnote, all I get is a flicker and no text or anything.
Is this normal for Word 2002? Did Word 2002 abandoned this footnote option?
Is there a way to get it back? Any assistance is appreciated.

--

Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida

Luc

Ilyaz,
It's a known problem, I seem to remember Suzanne Barnhill reported it can be
solved by clicking on the icon next to ¶ in the standard toolbar, I don't
know it's exact name as I am working in a Dutch version. In any case you can
recognize it quite easily it looks like a little magnifying glass hovering
over a peace a table.
Luc
"ilyaz" schreef in bericht
I used to have Word 2000. In it, when I pointed mouse to a footnote
insertion (a superscript number in a text), a small flag and then the
footnote text would appear in a small window, which was quite a

convenience.
Recently, I have installed MS Word 2002 on my Windows XP Home SP2. Now,

when
I point mouse to a footnote, all I get is a flicker and no text or

anything.
Is this normal for Word 2002? Did Word 2002 abandoned this footnote

option?
Is there a way to get it back? Any assistance is appreciated.

--

Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida

It's the Document Map. Yes, this is the very bizarre solution to the
problem. You have to turn the DM on and back off once per document per
session. This problem (which is documented in "WD2002: Footnote ScreenTip
May Not Be Displayed" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318865) is
corrected in Word 2003, BTW.

"Luc" wrote in message
[...]

ilyaz

Thank you, Suzanne and Luc, for your advice. Sure, it works fine!
Ilya
P.S. Suzanne, have you seen my post (just above this one) about language bar
problem? Do you have any solution for it?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It's the Document Map. Yes, this is the very bizarre solution to the
problem. You have to turn the DM on and back off once per document per
session. This problem (which is documented in "WD2002: Footnote ScreenTip
May Not Be Displayed" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318865) is
corrected in Word 2003, BTW.

so
all may benefit.

"Luc" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry, but I am totally ignorant about the Language Bar.

"ilyaz" wrote in message
Thank you, Suzanne and Luc, for your advice. Sure, it works fine!
Ilya
P.S. Suzanne, have you seen my post (just above this one) about language

bar
problem? Do you have any solution for it?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It's the Document Map. Yes, this is the very bizarre solution to the
problem. You have to turn the DM on and back off once per document per
session. This problem (which is documented in "WD2002: Footnote

ScreenTip
May Not Be Displayed" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318865) is
corrected in Word 2003, BTW.

newsgroup