Mitchina

Default Windows XP MS Word, need interactive/live demo, creating a Macro

The little paper clip isn't giving me what I need to understand how to create
a macro. I read it, but do not understand - I need a step by step,
interactive/live demonstration on how to do this and to walk me through it.
I thought I could find one within the program, but alas..... onto the never
ending Web searches. Please, without taking a class, I need to know this for
a job interview and quickly. Thank you to whomever can help.

Pop

Mitchina wrote:
The little paper clip isn't giving me what I need to understand
how
to create a macro. I read it, but do not understand - I need a
step
by step, interactive/live demonstration on how to do this and
to walk
me through it. I thought I could find one within the program,
but
alas..... onto the never ending Web searches. Please, without
taking
a class, I need to know this for a job interview and quickly.
Thank
you to whomever can help.

No offense meant, but ... if you are interviewing for a job where
writing macros is one of the responsibilities, I'd give it very
serious thought first. You're not likely to be able to bluff
your way into a stable job situation. While I admit Help isn't
much real help, it is a good "reference" so, from the wording of
your question, I'd say you would never reach the point of
maturity required for such a job anywhere near fast enough to
appear experienced at all.

Take it from one who has hired a LOT of people for R&D jobs to
work under/with me. Bluffs fail when they're related directly to
a required job function. They're also easy to spot most of the
time.

Pop

Mitchina

Dear Pop. Thank you for your insightful ASSUMPTION! I have NEVER or will
ever lie in an interview or try to bluff my way through anything. I used to
own my own business as well as manage a Mortgage Company, so I am fully aware
of your position in hiring employees. I am far to old to be getting
"scolded" on line for no reason. I was merely trying to experience the
process of Macros in order to give the EMPLOYER an accurate assessment as to
what they could expect from my learning curve once I had some of the basics
understood. But yes, the "HELP" is of no help and would drag that learning
curve to an unacceptable time line. Without the pais attitude, your comments
were not helpful at all, but thank you for your two cents that I wouldn't
take even if I were living on the street in a box. (Obviously, you not only
offended me but also insulted and annoyed me.)

"Pop" wrote:

No offense meant, but ... if you are interviewing for a job where writing
macros is one of the responsibilities, I'd give it very serious thought
first. You're not likely to be able to bluff your way into a stable job
situation. While I admit Help isn't much real help, it is a good "reference"
so, from the wording of your question, I'd say you would never reach the
point of maturity required for such a job anywhere near fast enough to appear
experienced at all.

Take it from one who has hired a LOT of people for R&D jobs to work
under/with me. Bluffs fail when they're related directly to a required job
function. They're also easy to spot most of the time.

Pop

Sorry for the tardy reply. From your reference to 3 AM, I gather we're in
the same time zone (my newsreader shows the time on your post as 2:47 AM,
but, although I'm both a night owl and an early bird, that is still a bit
late/early for me!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/UsingRecorder.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...csIn15Mins.htm