Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
silas[_2_] silas[_2_] is offline

Default How can I get word to open on a specific page?

Hi,

I used Word 2003's Calendar Wizard to create a calendar but each time I open
the calendar it starts at page 1 (January) so I either scroll to the
month/page I want or use Goto. How can I get the calendar to open on a
specific page or at least on the last page on which I entered data.

Thanks.

silas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 21:08:24 -0500, "silas"
wrote:

Hi,

I used Word 2003's Calendar Wizard to create a calendar but each time I open
the calendar it starts at page 1 (January) so I either scroll to the
month/page I want or use Goto. How can I get the calendar to open on a
specific page or at least on the last page on which I entered data.

Thanks.

silas

After opening the document, press Shift+F5, the GoBack command.

If it doesn't work, apply the fix at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/GoBackFix.htm.

To simplify this, make a shortcut to the document (right-click it in
Windows Explorer and choose Send To Desktop as shortcut). Then
right-click the shortcut icon and choose Properties. In the dialog,
edit the Target box to look like

winword /mGoBack "document's path and file name"

where the part in quotes will already be there. Also delete everything
from the Start In box and click OK. Now double-clicking the shortcut
icon will start Word, open the document, and jump to the last editing
position.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
silas[_2_] silas[_2_] is offline

wrote:

[...]

Jay,

I tried adding 'winword /mGoBack' in the Target box preceding the document
path and received this error: "The name 'winword' specified in the Target
box is invalid. Make sure the path and file name are correct."

I'll try the 'GoBackFix' link next.

Thanks.

silas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Your better bet in this case would be to create an AutoOpen macro in the
target document or template (if you always want this behavior, you can put
the AutoOpen macro into your main template, i.e., Normal.dot; but, sometimes
GoBack can take you to a spot in another open document if you have multiple
documents open).

The AutoOpen macro would look something like this, assuming you don't have
an existing AutoOpen that's automating other document startup tasks (if
that's the case, make sure that Application.GoBack occurs ahead of any other
commands that might perform any editing action):

Sub AutoOpen()
Application.GoBack
End Sub

--