Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
foxydiva foxydiva is offline

Default copy and pasting word doc

Hi I saved a copy of my resume on a floppy disc. Iam trying to copy and paste
it online and when i go to highlight the resume a box with dots surrounds
some of the text and it just highlights that specific area. What are those
boxes and how do i get rid of them? When the border of the box pops up and i
put the arrow on the border it turns into a 4 headed arrow. I can also make
it bigger or smaller
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

For starters, do not work with the document from the floppy disk. First copy
it to your hard disk and open it from there.

The box with dots surrounding some of the text might mean that those parts
are inserted inside a table cell. From the Tables menu, select Show grid
lines to confirm that. If that is the case, you can select each of the
affected parts of the text and from the Tables menu, use the Convert Table
to Text facility.

Another alternative is that the affected text might be located inside a text
box. If that is the case, you could select it and copy it to the clipboard,
then delete the text box and then paste the test back into the document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"foxydiva" wrote in message
Hi I saved a copy of my resume on a floppy disc. Iam trying to copy and
paste
it online and when i go to highlight the resume a box with dots surrounds
some of the text and it just highlights that specific area. What are those
boxes and how do i get rid of them? When the border of the box pops up and
put the arrow on the border it turns into a 4 headed arrow. I can also
make
it bigger or smaller

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Sun, 10 Jun 2007 18:04:03 -0700 from foxydiva
:
Hi I saved a copy of my resume on a floppy disc. Iam trying to copy and paste
it online and when i go to highlight the resume a box with dots surrounds
some of the text and it just highlights that specific area.

I don't understand your description, but if "copy and paste" is
really what you want then here's how to do it:

1. Open the document in word.

2. Click anywhere in the document, and press Ctrl-A. This will
highlight everything.

3. Press Ctrl-C. This will copy the entire text to the clipboard.

4. In the Web page, click into the appropriate box and press Ctrl-V.

But...

Before you do all that, check the company's requirements carefully.
They might want plain text, or on the other hand they might want the
Word file rather than just the contents.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/