Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bigmike Bigmike is offline

Default Mouse scroll wheel does not work in Word 2007

I have Word 2007 on two different computers. This one will not let the
scroll wheel work in Word. It works fine in Excell 2007. I am using a
Gateway mouse that has worked fine.

My other computer works fine. No problems with the mouse.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

It has been reported that some add-ins - including Laserfiche and
Flashpaper - are causing mouse problems. Try starting Word in Safe Mode:
Start, Run and type in

winword /a

and press enter. Does scrolling work in Safe Mode? If so, check out the
third party add-ins.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Bigmike" wrote in message
I have Word 2007 on two different computers. This one will not let the
scroll wheel work in Word. It works fine in Excell 2007. I am using a
Gateway mouse that has worked fine.

My other computer works fine. No problems with the mouse.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bigmike Bigmike is offline

I did what you suggested. In the safe mode I opened Word 2007. The scroll
wheel did work.

You claimed add-ins may be the problem. What do I look for in the way of
add-ins. I am sorry to have to ask this question but I am not sure what
add-ins are.

"Bigmike" wrote in message
I have Word 2007 on two different computers. This one will not let the
scroll wheel work in Word. It works fine in Excell 2007. I am using a
Gateway mouse that has worked fine.

My other computer works fine. No problems with the mouse.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If it is OK in Safe Mode, then it isn't an add-in: in safe mode, Word starts
in its default installation mode bypassing all adding, macros,
customisations, etc.

I suggest checking that you have the latest driver for the mouse and
reinstalling it. If it still fails to operate, then raise a support ticket
with Gateway who may have a solution.

Terry

"Bigmike" wrote in message
I have Word 2007 on two different computers. This one will not let the
scroll wheel work in Word. It works fine in Excell 2007. I am using a
Gateway mouse that has worked fine.

My other computer works fine. No problems with the mouse.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Terry,

If it is OK in Safe Mode, then it isn't an add-in: in safe mode, Word starts
in its default installation mode bypassing all adding, macros,
customisations, etc.

I don't understand this statement. If it works in Word's Safe Mode (which is
what you recommended), then it is likely an Add-in, not the mouse driver.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Thank you Cindy. I totally mis-read the reply seeing a non-existent 'not'.
Quite correct then it is almost certainly an add-in.

Terry

"Cindy M." wrote in message
Hi Terry,

If it is OK in Safe Mode, then it isn't an add-in: in safe mode, Word
starts
in its default installation mode bypassing all adding, macros,
customisations, etc.

I don't understand this statement. If it works in Word's Safe Mode (which
is
what you recommended), then it is likely an Add-in, not the mouse driver.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

reply