Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
lemcneely lemcneely is offline

Default how do I split a page into quadrants?

I'm trying to create 4.5 x 5.5 wedding invitations. I don't know how to make
quadrants on my 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper, so I can print 4 Invitations on one
sheet.
I would appreciate any help I could get. Thank you.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I split a page into quadrants?

Steps to split a page into quadrants in Microsoft Word:
  1. Open a new Word document.
  2. Click on the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Margins" and select "Custom Margins" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Page Setup" window that appears, click on the "Margins" tab.
  5. Under "Multiple pages," select "2 pages per sheet."
  6. Under "Sheets per booklet," select "2 pages per sheet."
  7. In the "Preview" section, you should now see your page split into four quadrants.
  8. Adjust the margins as needed to make each quadrant the size you want for your invitations.
  9. Once you have the margins set up the way you want, you can start designing your invitations in each quadrant.

When you're ready to print, make sure to select "2 pages per sheet" in the print settings so that your invitations will print in the correct layout. And that's it! You should now be able to print four invitations on one sheet of paper. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Either use a 2 x 2 table or create it at full size and print four pages to a
sheet (zoom setting in the print dialog) - see
http://www.gmayor.com/print_multiple_copies.htm

lemcneely wrote:
I'm trying to create 4.5 x 5.5 wedding invitations. I don't know how
to make quadrants on my 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper, so I can print 4
Invitations on one sheet.
I would appreciate any help I could get. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The easiest way is to select Avery 5845 (Note card) as the "label type" in
Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and Labels | Label Options. On the
Label tab, click New Document to get a full sheet. They're set up as a 2x2
table, so be sure you have table gridlines displayed (Table | Show
Gridlines) so you can see the card boundaries.

You could set up a 2x2 table yourself, as Graham suggests, but using the
label definition is better because Word has already taken care of the page
margins and built in some sort of "magic" that suppresses the "Margins
outside the printable area" error message.