Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
©® ©® is offline

Default Divide page into equal rows (not columns)

I know how to insert columns or divide the page into equal widths but am
stumped:
Does anyone know how I can divide my page height into equal rows (not a
table)?
E.g. if I want my Letter page divided into 6, each section would need to be
1.8333in/4.6566cm (11in divided by 6).
Is there a macro or some other easy way to do this besides using a
calculator and manually adding little lines?
Thanks

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Divide page into equal rows (not columns)

Yes, there is a way to divide your page height into equal rows without using a table. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Go to the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on the "Margins" button and select "Custom Margins" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Page Setup" dialog box, go to the "Layout" tab.
  4. Under "Page," select "Vertical" for the orientation.
  5. Under "Pages," select "Multiple pages" and choose "6" for the number of pages per sheet.
  6. Under "Margins," set the top and bottom margins to the desired height of each row (in your example, 1.8333 inches or 4.6566 cm).
  7. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

This will divide your page height into six equal rows without using a table. You can then type or insert content into each row as needed.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

If you provide an idea of what your ultimate objective is & what version of
Word you're using there may be some alternatives to be suggested. Also, why
not a table? That would be the most practical option (if it makes sense to
do this type of layout in Word at all). It doesn't have to have visible
borders on all sides of each cell/row if that's your concern.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones